RingRx Offers three ways to Call Forward:
User Call Forwarding
Users can call forward their own extension. This will cause all calls that reach the User’s extension to forward to another 10 digit number. This will ONLY affect the User’s extension.
A User can call forward their own extension to a new number from any registered endpoint using:
- activate star code: *72 + Number to forward to
- de-activate star code: *73
For Example: *728185551212 will set the forward behavior to mobile AND set mobile to 8185551212. *73 reverts this setting
Call Forward Location
A user can call forward all phone numbers in their Location (commonly used for after-hours workflows)
- activate star code: *62 + Number to forward to
- de-activate star code: *63
For Example: *628185551212 will set forward to true on ALL phone numbers matching the users location AND set their forward destination to “8185551212’. *63 reverts this setting.
Call Forward Specific Phone Number
In cases where you only want to forward calls to a certain phone number you can call forward that number from within the User portal (User must be Admin)
- Log in to the portal here https://portal.ringrx.com/login
- Select Settings
- Select Phone Numbers
- Edit the Phone Number you want to forward
- Enter the 10 digit number you want to forward TO in the Forward Destination field
- Check the Forward checkbox
To unforward, just uncheck the Forward checkbox. You can delete the number in the Forward Destination field or leave it there for future use.