RingRx offers a browser-based phone that can be used for calls and texts. The phone can be accessed from within the portal here:
You must be logged in to the portal in order to use the softphone. Log in using the same credentials (email address and password) that you use to log into the mobile app and the web portal. The softphone is a fully functional phone and texting app that lets you answer, transfer, conference, handle multiple calls, text plus much more.
Making Calls with the Softphone
There are two ways to make a call:
- Via Contact – find your Contact and hover your mouse over the contact. Click the phone icon.
- Enter a number – enter a phone number in the Enter Phone field at the upper left, then click the phone icon to the right, or press Enter
- Contacts can be created in the Contacts tab in the portal
Texting with the Softphone
Similarly to initiating a call, you can start a text conversation in two ways
- By Contact – find your Contact and hover your mouse over the contact. Click the text icon.
- Enter a number – enter a phone number in the Enter Phone field at the upper left, then click the text icon to the right, or press Enter
To create a message, put your cursor in the SMS field at the very bottom of the SMS Window and type your message. Click Send
Some things to Know
- You do not need to download or install any software
- After logging in you will see a SIP icon in the upper left of the screen next to the RingRx logo.
- A Green icon means you are “registered” to our servers. This means you are fully setup to make and receive calls and texts
- A Red icon means you are not “registered” and will not be able to make or receive calls. This usually indicates there is some setting in your firewall that is prohibiting communication with our servers
- The application will need to contact our servers via port 10443.
- The softphone utilizes a technology called WebRTC, which must be supported by your browser. The following browsers currently support WebRTC:
- Microsoft Edge 12+
- Google Chrome 28+
- Mozilla Firefox 22+
- Safari 11+
- Opera 18+
- Vivaldi 1.9+
- Google Chrome 28+
- Mozilla Firefox 24+
- Opera Mobile 12+
MobileSafari/WebKit (iOS 11+)