Faxes can be seen in the Voicemail tab. The icon will be different than voice messages. Tapping on a fax message will open a viewer that lets you view and scroll through pages of your fax.
To send a fax:
- Tap the + icon in the upper right.
- Fill out the form just like you would in the web based portal
- Tap Browse
- Find the document you want to fax (must either be a PDF or a TIFF format) and select it (See below on how to access documents on your phone)
- Add more documents as needed
- Tap Send
Outgoing faxes will appear in Sent when they have completed sending.
How to Access Documents on your Phone to Fax
RingRx can access any PDF or TIFF that is available to your mobile phone. You will need to create a location to store these files from your mobile phone so they can be accessed via fax. Two very good solutions for this are Dropbox and Google Drive. There are plenty others, but these two have been vetted and used extensively for this purpose, but feel free to try others.
Any document you need to fax from your RingRx mobile app would need to be stored in this location so that it is accessible. When creating documents, either from faxes you have received or raw from a document editor, they would need to be saved to your Dropbox or Google Drive in the correct format (PDF or TIFF). Once the documents are in these services, they can be attached using the Browse button in the RingRx app.
Dropbox and Google Drive apps need to be installed on your mobile phone and made accessible to RingRx Browse button.
To make them available in iPhone:
- Tap the + icon in the upper right of the Voicemail tab
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the form and tab Browse
- Tap Browse at the next menu
- under Locations, tap Google Drive or Dropbox, if they are visible. If they are not visible, tap “Other Locations”. Then slide the “On Off” button to On for the storage app you are using, then tap the storage app.
- Your storage app will now be accessible from the RingRx app. You can Cancel out.
Android steps are similar, but vary depending on phone model and Android version. Consult your phone’s support documentation for details.