Greetings, or “prompts”, are recording media files that play during parts of your Menu. All prompts that are used in a menu must be uploaded to our “Media Files” library prior to using them in a Menu. File types must be in .wav or .mp3.
The most convenient way to record your Menu greeting is to use the recorder right in our user portal:
- Log into the user portal
- Go to Settings\Media Files
- Select Add New Media file
- Assign a name to it (“Main Office Hours Menu”, “Provider Menu”, etc)
- Select Record New
- Click the round red record button
- Using a headset or microphone, say your greeting.
- Click the square red stop button
- Play your recording to make sure it sounds right and has proper volume level
- Select Save Recording
- Select Save again.
Two other ways to create a Menu prompt are using the RingRx recording studio, or recording it on your smartphone:
RingRx recording studio:
- From any RingRx phone, dial *732
- At the tone, start recording. (Hint: Make sure your mouth is close to the microphone to ensure good audio volume)
- When done just hang up. Your recording will be emailed to the user that created the recording.
- Listen to the recording to make sure its how you like. Re-record until you get it just right.
- Upload the file to the Media Library. From the RingRx portal, go to Settings\Media Files. Upload your new media file. It is now ready to be used in a Menu
- Create recording on your smartphone voice recorder app.
- Save the m4a file to your PC.
- Go to any file converter service online, such as Zamzar.
- Upload your file and convert to .mp3 or .wav.
- Download the converted file to your PC
- In the RingRx portal, go to Settings\Media Files. Upload your new media file. It is now ready to be used in a Menu